Netflix content via XBMC. Video playback is done via the new Netflix HTML5 User Interface.
NetfliXBMC works under Windows, OSX and Linux. IMPORTANT: Chrome 37+ is
required for NetfliXBMC 1.3.0+! Under Win 8.1 it's also possible to use
Other browsers (currently) don't support HTML5 DRM. Linux users may also need to update libnss (not required for Ubuntu 14.04+).
The main advantages of the HTML5 Player are: Playback is starting much
faster, 1080p is supported and it's natively working without Silverlight
A short playback demo video is available here. Using a MCERemote under Windows.
Anything related to Chrome should be discussed in the Chrome Launcher thread!
I added a Control Utility for better usability. It hides the mouse cursor and lets you control playback via keyboard/remote.
Default Netflix Player controls and useful commands like closing the browser can be mapped to any key (via addon settings).
The cursor can also be controlled via keyboard/remote. Default keys.
I recommend this configuration when using Windows with a MCE compatible remote:
- Browser: Chrome (IE is not supporting "Enter" / "OK" on MCEremote)
- Default keys: Seeking via left/right. Play/pause via OK.
- To stop playback, map it to the "Back" key with help of the Control Utility
Running fine for me...
If you have cliclick installed, the mouse gets hidden automatically.
Close the browser via CMD+Q or map it to any remote key via an external tool.
If you have xdotool installed, the mouse gets hidden automatically.
Close the browser via ALT+F4 or map it to any remote key via an external tool.
General Netflix playback controls:
Webremote (Yatse etc.):
The webremote stuff must be activated via the addon settings. Under
linux, you need to have xdotool installed. Under OSX, you'll need
Currently, the controls are not mappable. Here is a list of all current implemented controls...
For me, only some action IDs worked to close the browser. You can view all available actions IDs here. You can also try some other IDs yourself manually.
Add to library function:
You can add movies and tvshows (full shows & single seasons) to your library via context menu.
Add this source to your library: "Home folder"->userdata->addon_data->plugin.video.netflixbmc->library->Movies/TV
The addon supports Netflix profiles. If you only have one profile
configured on netflix you should activate the appropriate setting.
Video listing and playback start is faster with Single-User accounts.
Hint: Remove the automatically created KIDS profile if you don't need
It's not possible to request new api keys at the moment, so the addon needs to use the Netflix website.
I added requesting extra information. Of course it's a bit slower, but it's cached. This is also needed for some features.
Covers & fanart images can (optional) be received from themoviedb. The images are loaded in the background.
- If you start playback via the XBMC database, you may (sometimes) see a
xbmc message on video playback, even though everything works fine.
- Having problems? Getting a script error: Upload your debug log. Any
other problem: Give me as much info as possible: What exactly is not
working? What have you tried so far? What OS?
- Your repo is empty. What to do?
- XBMCbuntu: Chrome does not start in fullscreen. What to do?
- Windows: Some mapped keys are not always working... Why?
- Does this addon work under RPi / OpenElec / iOS / Android? In short: No.
Context menu entries:
- Continue watching / Show seasons (TV-Shows)
- Play trailer
- Add to / Remove from my list
- Similar Movies / TV Shows
- Add to library
- Switch profile (Main-menu)
- Single-User account (faster)
- Show profile selection on each start
- Get covers & fanart images from themoviedb
- Update library after adding media
- Browse tv shows instead of autoplaying
- Force View
- ViewID (Videos)
- ViewID (Episodes)
- ViewID (Viewing Activity)
- Library path (source)
- Use Control Utility (Windows)
- Configure Control Utility
- Enable webremote control
- Chrome: Don't use kiosk mode
- Delete cache
- Delete cookies
- Reset NetfliXBMC!
Install from my testing-repo!